5 Outside-Industry Emails Every Credit Union Leader Should Subscribe To
I have been a bookworm for as long as I can remember; from spending summers at my dad’s blazing through historical fiction books to reading Harry Potter until the wee hours of the morning. These days I’m one of the odd birds that prefers non-fiction to fiction. Malcolm Gladwell. Sheryl Sandberg. Mindy Kaling. Gabrielle Bernstein. I love facts, figures, and tools I can incorporate into both my professional and my personal life.
That being said… I have a confession. I am a serial book dater. That’s right, I can’t commit to just one book. At any given point you’ll find 2 books on my nightstand, 1 in my purse, and 2-3 audio books queued up for the next chapter. With all of the many, many inspiring books out there, how can one possibly settle down and read one all the way through, amiright?
Email newsletters are the serial book dater’s best friend. Short, sweet, insightful, and inspirational, this daily or weekly content gives you the knowledge you crave within the constraints of your busy day. And while there’s not a day that goes by at TwoScore where we don’t read each and every article at CUInsight, CreditUnions.com, and CU Water Cooler, we love looking outside the credit union space for ideas that will take our industry to the next level:
The 5 Outside-Industry Emails Every Credit Union Leader Should Subscribe To
- Darren Daily – We love the tell-it-like-it-is attitude and humor of former Success Magazine publisher Darren Hardy. We also love the value mentorship has brought to our lives. The Darren Daily email is the intersection of those two things – a 5-minute morning wake-up video for achievers with ONE daily idea that can be put into practice right away.
- HubSpot Marketing Blog – As credit union marketers we’re always monitoring the latest trends in the field. HubSpot offers more content than we could even begin to try to keep up with. From branding, to blogging, to SEO and more, subscribe to their blog for forward-thinking marketing ideas you may be able to bring to the credit union space.
- Fast Company – “Written for, by, and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company and FastCompany.com inspire readers and users to think beyond traditional boundaries, lead conversations, and create the future of business.” I think that’s what we all want to be doing for credit unions, right? ‘Nuff said.
- Positivity Blog – Easily implemented personal development advice to help you lead a simpler, happier, and more productive life.
- The Skimm – Let’s face it, pouring over news headlines can be time consuming. The Skimm does the work for you, breaking down the day’s most talked about stories so you can be the official credit union smarty pants who’s always in the know. 😉
What daily or weekly email newsletters are YOU subscribing to? We’d love to hear so we can subscribe ourselves!
Don’t want to sign up for 5 email newsletters? How about one? The weekly TwoScore email combines our blogs with thought-provoking stories from the credit union space and beyond.